CREATING MEMORABLE EXPERIENCES
HOME OF THE GREATEST ONE DAY MATCH
HOME OF GAME CHANGERS
HOME OF MEGASTARS
HOME OF THE BEST FUNCTIONS
HOME OF LEGENDS
HOME OF THE LIONS
HOME OF CHAMPIONS
Imperial Wanderers Stadium (Bullring)
Welcome to the Imperial Wanderers Stadium, affectionately known as the Bullring.
Imperial Wanderers Stadium is the premier multipurpose venue in South Africa and in recognition of the world-class facilities, the stadium was given the opportunity to host a variety of world-class cricketing events. Some highlights include hosting the ICC Cricket World Cup Final in 2003, the ICC World T20 Final, the IPL Final and is one of the two venues for the ICC Champions Trophy.
Capacity at the Imperial Wanderers Stadium is around 30 000 including the occupants of the 182 suites available for seasonal hire. In addition to the suites and stadium seating, you can also book your spot in the Sun Zone or the Family Area. With upgraded concessions, there is no excuse not to join the charge at the Bullring this season for more nail-biting action and entertainment!
Getting to the Imperial Wanderers Stadium
Feel like driving to the Imperial Wanderers Stadium? You can pre purchase parking tickets with your Imperial Wanderers stadium seat ticket via Ticketpro. The closest parking to the Imperial Wanderers Stadium is lower or top rugby field, Wanderers club, Wanderers golf club and fairways school.
Park and Ride – alternatively you can make your way to the Imperial Wanderers Stadium using the Park and Ride system. You can park your vehicle at Melrose Arch and use our partner’s Park & Ride to take you to the Bullring.
Uber – Uber can pick you up from the comfort of your house to a few meters from the Imperial Wanderers Stadium, be on the lookout for Uber Promo Codes when on your way to enjoy the cricket or event at the Bullring using the Uber App
Gautrain – You can make your way to the Imperial Wanderers Stadium using the Gautrain which will drop you at the nearest station, the Rosebank Gautrain Station, you can then use our partners Uber or Tuk Tuk to shuttle you to the Bullring.
Whether in a group or solo. That’s four different and useful means of transport available to get you the Imperial Wanderers Stadium safely, getting you right into the action at the iconic Bullring!
Events at the Bullring
Let the Imperial Wanderers Stadium (The Bullring ) be the backdrop to your next event!
Looking to host an intimate soiree or a larger-than-life event in Johannesburg? The Bullring is a favourite venue to rent for private functions; with various rooms available to suit every need, it provides the perfect space for corporate and private functions. The Bullring can meet your highest expectations. Our premium venue rooms are fully equipped with the essential amenities to make your event a seamless and memorable one.
The Imperial Wanderers Stadium is more than just a cricket stadium, we are equipped to host events of any nature. So whether you are looking for a venue for a corporate function, wedding, year-end function, sporting or cultural event, facilities within the stadium are available for your function. Ideal for team-building exercises, your company can stage their very own cricket match on this world-class pitch.
The Bullring is a multipurpose venue offering best cricket stadium facilities, conference and workshop venues, weddings, kiddies party and events.
The Imperial Wanderers Stadium and field facilities are available for events but are subject to any planned cricket fixtures during the cricket season. Our large event venue rooms are fully equipped with essential amenities to make your event a seamless and memorable one.
To have the Bullring be the backdrop to your next event, complete the enquiry form below or call 011 340 1500 for more information.
Imperial Wanderers Stadium Museum
Visit the Imperial Wanderers Stadium museum situated at the Imperial Wanderers Stadium’s Unity Stand level 2 and spend countless hours reminiscing about the history of cricket in Gauteng , Johannesburg, South Africa and the history of the Imperial Wanderers Stadium hosts of the greatest One Day cricket match ever.
Send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements and make a museum tour booking.
Imperial Wanderers Stadium Tours
Are you keen on learning the history and richness of the world-class Imperial Wanderers Stadium, why don’t you book a stadium tour?
The tour is inclusive of a visit to the Imperial Wanderers Stadium Museum which has exclusive insight on the greatest One Day Cricket Match ever played, and who knows, you may bump into one of our Imperial Lions players. Please allow 1 hour for a tour. Booking is essential.
In addition to the Imperial Wanderers Stadium Museum tour, the Bullring tour includes a tour of the Imperial Wanderers Stadium player change rooms, the Iconic Imperial Wanderers Stadium Player Tunnel and a tour the world class Imperial Wanderers Stadium’s media center and broadcast booths
Send us an email on email@example.com and we will confirm all the details.
Imperial Wanderers Stadium Features And Layout
Selecting your best seat at the Bullring. Using the Imperial Wanderers Stadium map, lets help you find the best seat for your budget and desired experience.
- Open East Stand – The only remaining original stand since the inception of the Imperial Wanderers Stadium in 1947. It is where the music and entertainment is located, the bands, the singing and mostly young fans across all race groups convening to a single cause – getting behind their teams, whether it is the Imperial Lions or the Standard Bank Proteas or even the opposition side.
- Sun Zone – Are you in to lifestyle experiences , Jacuzzis, sprinklers, waiter service and braai time ? The Sun Zone located at the Kent Park Tarveners Stand at the Bullring is perfect for you and your family.
- Unity Stand– If you are obsessed with watching the ball-by-ball behind the Bullring wickets, The Imperial Wanderers Stadium Unity Stand seat is perfect for you, family and buddies.
- Family Grass Area – catering for families. The Imperial Wanderers Stadium grass area is a a no drinking and smoking area. The family grass area is perfect for kids wanting to run around and for picnic day out in the middle of Johannesburg and the Sandton Area.
- Memorial Stand – after a full shaded area all day? Need to be closer to the player tunnel? The Memorial Stand is the deal. The Imperial Wanderers Stadium’s Memorial Stadium is regarded by some as the best seat in the house
- Centenary Pavilion – The Centenary Pavilion will make you feel like you are on the pitch and part of the game. You will feel more closer to the match than the umpire !
Imperial Wanderers Stadium Advertising
Expose your brand to domestic (Provincial and Franchise Cricket and International cricket loving fans, simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and our commercial representative will be touch for a detailed brief. There is an opportunity for your brand to be advertised at the Imperial Wanderers Stadium
- Domestic (Franchise and Provincial) matches – parking tickets to the Imperial Wanderers Stadium can be pre-purchased for the Fairways Primary School and Wanderers Club from www.ticketpros.co.za or at the Imperial Wanderers Stadium main ticket office
- International matches - parking to the Imperial Wanderers Stadium can be pre-purchased for the Wanderers Golf Club from www.ticketpros.co.za or at the Imperial Wanderers Stadium main ticket office
It is recommended that parking be pre-purchased for international matches at the Imperial Wanderers Stadium due to the match day road closures on Corlett Drive and High demand on match day. Parking can be purchased online from www.ticketpros.co.za or from the main ticket office. (Domestic – Fairways Primary School and Wanderers Club. International matches – Wanderers Golf Club)
- Every person entering the Imperial Wanderers Stadium must be in possession a valid ticket. Children 6 years of age will receive a free ticket to the grass embankment but I still require a R0.00 value ticket. R0.00 grass tickets only obtainable at the main ticket office at the stadium, subject to availability. Please note that when the grass embankment is sold out, we are unable to issue anymore R0.00 tickets.
- Children, infants and babies in the Imperial Wanderers Stadium grandstand pay the full price.
- Picnic baskets are allowed in the Imperial Wanderers Stadium
- Only SOFT Cooler boxes are allowed in the Imperial Wanderers Stadium.
Personal (folding) umbrellas are allowed inside the Imperial Wanderers Stadium , they can only be set up behind the paved line on the grass embankment
Fold-up chairs are allowed only if they are set up behind the paved line on the grass embankment of the Imperial Wanderers Stadium
Gazebos are not allowed inside the Imperial Wanderers Stadium
Unity Level 2 and Memorial Level 3 are totally undercover. Memorial ground level gets the morning sun and afternoon shade.
This depends on the person’s preference. If you like to watch cricket from behind the bowlers arm, then Unity and Centenary is better but if you like a more side-on view, then Memorial is the best.
Ticket prices only decrease for the Test Match. There is a discount after lunch and a further discount after tea.
Please contact us on email@example.com for more information
Yes, we do. Lodge Security manages this for us.